Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Beginning








This is me with my car when I got the car as a seven year old.

In 2003, when I was only seven years old my Dad bought a 1967 Plymouth Satellite for $250 from a neighbor. The driver's side quarter, door jamb and door of the car were smashed, but other than that the car was in pretty good shape. The car had a 318 which had been rebuilt recently. It ran but the gas tank was a 2 liter bottle and the reverse was malfunctioning (this actually saved it from being entered into a destruction derby by its previous owners). Overall the car was in pretty good shape and was a very complete car. It would be a fun project for years to come.




This pic shows the damage to the driver's side in more detail.





















 



My interior was worn, but all complete, that is a big plus.

The Satellite and GTX have a unique rear seat arrangement.



My Satellite remained unchanged until after we moved into our new house and we could keep it indoors.
This was the day we moved my Satellite from our old place. I was 11 at the time. I really like these solid aluminum Centerline style wheels.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to know how much progress you have made on your car. It doesn't seem that to me that your dad got it for you. Keep up the good work, the key to this is to be picky with your work. It will only be as good as you want it to be. This is a golden opportunity for you being only seventeen, to have your own project car. I did not have my first car until I was nineteen, and it still needs a lot of work. It looks good, keep at it. Uncle Frank.

    ReplyDelete